Here we'll show you how to bulk import items to be used on your quotes
- Click on “Admin”
- Click on “Pricing Catalogue” and then the category type along the top
This is where your data will be imported into. The best way to do this is;
- Click on the (kebab) icon and select “Export”.
This will export any existing item or a blank spreadsheet that you can use as a template. This is the best way to ensure the spreadsheet you import is in a structure the application will understand.
You should now see the spreadsheet called, “PricingCatalog.xlsx” and it should look like this
All the columns with (*) are mandatory, meaning you need to have a value in them
- This is an internal number, simply number 1,2,3…. And so on
- ITEM GROUP
- Your ITEMS should be grouped for ease of adding later, for example for POOLS, this could be POOL EQUIPMENT, UPGRADES, ACCESSORIES etc
- These groups are to help you search through your ITEMS when adding them via the application. These are NOT the groups that your client will see i.e. the breakdown of the quote. This is QUOTE SECTION, this you can do in app.
- ITEM SUB GROUP
- If you want to breakdown ITEM GROUP further, you can do that here e.g. under ACCESSORIES you could have PUMP, HEATING, FILTER etc.
- These groups are to help you search through your ITEMS when adding them via the application. These are NOT the groups that your client will see i.e. the breakdown of the quote. This is QUOTE SUB-SECTION, this you can do in app
- ITEM NAME \ SHORT DESCRIPTION
- This should be the name of the ITEM itself written in a way for easy reference. For example the name of the PUMP itself PUMP X-123 as generic example.
- ITEM FULL DESCRIPTION
- This is where you can add a full detailed description of the product.
- MODEL CODE
- If the ITEM you are adding has a MODEL CODE you can add that here.
- If the ITEM you are adding has a BRAND name you can add that here.
- Short for UNIT OF MEASURE here you can add for example EA, L/M (for lineal meter), sqm or any other UOM that is appropriate.
- This is the cost of the item less tax.
- TAX %
- Here add your countries tax rate if the item incurs tax.
Once you have populated your spreadsheet you are ready to IMPORT. Save the spreadsheet and close.
- Click on the (kebab) icon and select “Import”.
If the “Import” is successful you will see the following message.
Confirm by clicking “OK”.
Later if you repeat the “Export” process, the spreadsheet will contain all the ITEMS you “Imported” plus any you manually added via the system. You can then edit these records and re-import and the system will “amend items”. (it is important to NOT change the ID#)
Now all these items will be available to select when generating your quotes.